(& How to Do It)
Let’s face it, property managers are busy with multiple responsibilities to juggle, so you might neglect the idea of putting time into social media like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter — but you’re missing out on the chance to market your property and find new residents through a highly powerful and cost-effective tool. However, learning how to use social media well can sometimes be a difficult task, so continue reading this post as we explore the benefits of social media marketing for property managers and share strategies and proven tips that will help you use social media to your advantage!
The benefits of social media for property managers
“Should I be using social media to market my properties?” The simple answer: yes.
No matter what industry your business is in, you will benefit from using social media, especially because a large majority of the population are active users. But what exactly can property managers get out of social media?
The main benefits of using social media as a property manager include:
- Engaging with and retaining residents: By connecting with your residents on social networks, you can build a community where they feel appreciated and at home.
- Attracting prospective residents: Today’s renters frequently use social media to find photos, reviews, and information about a new home, so establishing a strong social media presence will grab their attention and lead to booking a tour and signing that lease.
- Developing your brand: Branding goes way beyond your logo and color scheme. More people are looking to join a community they feel connected to. With the tools included in social media platforms, you can promote your property, stand out, and showcase what makes your community unique.
How to start marketing your property with social media
So you’re finally ready to take the first step and advertise your property on social media — but how do you do it? The key word is consistency. Staying on top of your posting schedule and digital marketing strategy will help you successfully use social media as a property manager.
Here are the top four tips for marketing your property with social media:
1. DEFINE YOUR GOAL
Establish a clear idea of what you want to accomplish before creating your social media accounts or uploading your logos. Your goal will lead you through your social media experience so your messaging is targeted and clear to your audience.
2. IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
To start, it’s important that you know who your target demographic is and what social media platforms they use. Consider your target audience’s:
- Age (Millennials, Gen X, or Boomers?)
- Location (City, suburbs, or rural?)
- Hobbies and interests
- Lifestyle (Do they work from home or go to the office? Do they live with their family or alone? Do they live with roommates?)
Creating a persona of your target customer will help you post content that interests them.
3. CREATE A PLAN
Prior to publishing your first post, you need to create a plan that you will stick with. You can make adjustments along the way, but to start, your plan should highlight:
- The type of content you will post on each platform
- Where you will source content (Will you take original photos, share blog posts, repost user-generated content, etc.)
- Your posting schedule
- Tasks for you and each member of your team to complete
4. ANALYZE THE RESULTS AND ADJUST
Lastly, one of the best ways to improve your social media marketing efforts is to analyze the results and adjust as needed. Every social media platform provides metrics that include how many people saw your post, clicked on it, reposted it, and so much more! Take time to go over your social media analytics and take notes.
Which social media platforms should property managers use?
There are so many social media platforms out there nowadays, but each platform attracts a different audience. For property managers, we recommend establishing a presence on these platforms:
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to get on social media and start promoting your property!
No matter your business goals, ManageGo has your back. To discover just how our software solutions can benefit you and your unique property management needs, request a demo today. Or, connect directly with one of our experts and get started on your journey to better property management.
See us at the Multifamily Social Media Summit – Exhibit #30!