When you read an article with tips to help you succeed on social media, it’s probably geared toward the usual suspects: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter… maybe LinkedIn or Snapchat.
But your residents and prospects are sharing feedback and interacting across multiple platforms, not just the “traditional” social media channels. For multifamily property marketing, the reality is that all search is social.
No matter how perfectly curated your company’s Instagram feed is, if you’re not managing your brand’s presence across all search results, you’re losing the overall battle for social influence and leads. These five tips will help your multifamily property management company look its best, no matter where today’s online renters find you.
- Be consistent: same logo, same message, every site. It seems simple, but it’s frequently overlooked. If you change anything (e.g. your logo, tagline, URL, company mission statemen, etc.), be sure to update everything. This includes your company website, social media channels, review sites and Google My Business listing.
- Don’t ghost your social audience. Don’t put up a flurry of posts and then disappear for a week or two. Create a content calendar and stick to it, but don’t stop there. Take some time every week to interact with your audience and engage in social listening.
- Respond to every review. Responding to reviews shows prospects that your care about your residents, properties and online reputation. Positive review? Thank them. Negative review? Apologize and say how you will take action to improve. Extremely negative review? Apologize and take the conversation offline. Every time, every review site, no exceptions.
- Use SEO to your best advantage. Dominate local search results by optimizing your property marketing website and social media profiles for your area. Provide value to both humans and search engines by including neighborhood-specific keywords, information and video.
- Make sure your PPC ads match your brand and goals. Google Ads are one of the first things prospects see whether they’re searching for rentals in general or your brand specifically. Be wary of diluting your carefully managed online brand by farming out PPC management to a third party that doesn’t understand your company.
Does this sound like a lot of work? It is. If your company doesn’t have the staff, time or expertise to manage social media effectively, RENTCafé® Reach can help. RENTCafé Reach is a search marketing service specific to multifamily. SEO and PPC services help you reach a wider audience, while social media posting and reputation management services help you engage prospects and residents.
Schedule a free meeting with a search marketing specialist now or stop by the Yardi table during the Multifamily Social Media Summit to learn how our Google certified experts can help you reach your social media goals in 2019.