2021 Keynote: Will Bowen
In 2006 Will Bowen was the minister of a small midwestern church delivering a series on prosperity. Will noticed that his congregation all said they wanted greater prosperity– that is: more stuff. But, they all complained about what they already had.
He suggested everyone try and break the complaining habit by going 21 days in a row without complaining.
Will gave purple rubber bracelets to everyone in attendance urging them to put the bracelet on either wrist and switch it to the other wrist with every spoken complaint.
Will’s idea EXPLODED around the world.
Will has been featured on Oprah, The Today Show, Dr. Oz, CBS Sunday Morning, The ABC Evening News, Newsweek, People magazine, Forbes magazine, O magazine, and Chicken Soup for the Soul.
So far, more than 11 million complaint bracelets have been distributed worldwide. The six millionth Complaint Free® bracelet was personally presented by Will to the late Dr. Maya Angelou.
Will has written 5 books (so far) that have sold in excess of 3 million copies and have been translated into more than 25 languages. Will travels the world motivating businesses and organizations of every size, from conference rooms to amphitheaters. His presentation clears up the “ear pollution” of complaining in a way that is engaging, inspiring and funny!
COMPLAINT FREE BUSINESS
Business executives and employees deal with hundreds of complaints on a daily basis — complaining coworkers, complaining customers.
In Will's Keynote session, you'll learn:
- What’s wrong with complaining? (Chronic complaining’s destructive effects on health, relationships, and success)
- What is (and isn’t) a complaint? (This will surprise and shock you )
- The 5 reasons people complain (Remembered by the acronym G.R.I.P.E.)
- How to get other people, and ourselves to stop complaining (Yes, it’s possible)
- Positive leadership in a negative world (Building the best business you can with the resources you have)
Everyone will leave inspired, mindful of their own complaints, and motivated to approach complaining customers and co-workers with new, simple and effective strategies.